Ask a Question

Agreed to give husband sole custody of our 5 yr old son can that be reversed

+5 votes
Can i get my rights back after agreeing to give him sole custody..
asked May 20, 2019 in Divorce by Summer

Your answer

Your name to display (optional):
0 votes
Custody is always open to change until the child reaches 18. If the child has some type of disability where a guardian was appointed it may extend beyond that. The court will look for a change in circumstances that make a custody change to be in the child's best interests. That can be a number of different things. A simple example would be the custodial parent becoming a drug addict and being arrested. It would probably be in the child's best interests to transfer them out of the home and into a better environment. I hope that helps you with your question.
answered Jul 31, 2019 by Leslie R Ablondi
0 votes
We have been on a long road with my sons ex wife,on the last court date the judge gave her full custody of the two boys 9 years and 16 years.As it was 50/50 we are the very concerned grandparents we would take them places and travel with them some when my son had to work we had a unprepared attorney but the judge said he will not have this case in his court room again can he do that ? If he is the only family judge ? We did not even get to tell our side of the story
answered Aug 8, 2019 by anonymous
0 votes
Absolutely! Go to your Family Court and file a petition. You do not need a lawyer. You go before a Judge. Include Child Support in the same petition. If you get your son back you will need that money. As long as you can prove that your life is stable (home, job, yourself) you should be fine. I don't know the circumstances as to why you gave up your son to begin with, but that can ALWAYS be reversed as long as the Judge finds you fit and capable. Remember - you do NOT need a lawyer! That's a lot of money that is better spent on your son. Good Luck.
answered Sep 27, 2019 by Valerie
0 votes
There is no straight forward answer to this question. This is an open ended question.  That depends on the circumstances of why you are signing all your over all parental rights. Why not have joint custody? If you're not able to care for the child full time or part time does not mean you must give up all rights. If you sign over all your rights, it is 100 times more difficult to gain those rights back and a lot more money that might not have later on. You would have to hire an a attorney eventually.
like I said, it depends on circumstance. If there is child abuse such as molestation exploitation neglect, etc.... signing over your rights is wise and hopefully you don't get those rights back if sexual abuse is the case
answered Dec 31, 2019 by Annonymous
0 votes



answered Feb 3, 2020 by the ceo of sex


ExplainPlease on Facebook

75,014 questions

48,874 answers


86,932 users