WellI defienitly think that you should move on!! 12 year olds don't know what they're doing in relationships. There just hormone crazed kids. But for the future, if you would like to know if a guy truly likes you before you date him, follow this list
1. You need to look at the persons eyes. If you can see the persons staring at you when yet think you don't notice, this is a sign of attraction or shyness
2. When you are in a conversation with the person, if they look you directly in the eyes, this is a sign of attraction and respect for the person.
3. When you look into the persons eye, the eye should dialate when the yes make contact. This shows the sign of attraction and happiness that you looked at the person. If they don't dialate then that means that that person thinks of you as a freind.
4.lookat the persons body language. Notice how the person changes the bubble between themselves and others. Also look for the spreading of legs and the outward facing of palms
5. Listen tTo there words. If they use a lot of we's and you's, they may think of you as attracting. A good way to also tell is by playful verbal behaved, if they give you playful nick names and smile a lot, this my be there lousy way of trying to get you to like them back. But we all do it!!!
6. Try to test there feelings. Get in there personal space. I know I hate it when guys walk like right next to me when I not attracted that way. (: get within three feet of them and if they don't step back then they will most Likly be attracted to you. Try touching them on there arms. If they don't shrug off your hands then they may like that. Get lower as time goes on and eventually work your way to there hands. They will feel comfortable holding it. Or if you dOnt want to hold it yet, just grab there hand to lead them places.
7. My last step is for when you are in a relationship and are thinking about your first kiss. If you want to know if that person wants to kiss you, look at there eyes when you talk and they will most Likly be looking at your lips. They will also but there lip if they are trying to keep themselves from kissing you. Some people may take longer though. It is totally natural for people to do this though. If they are not doing this, you do it to tell them you want to. They will not try to get away from that kiss if they know it's coming. Also if they are the ones showing the signs, just kiss them!!
This is all the info I have. I hope this helps you! (: