Ask a Question

How do I get an ID if I was born in a house and do not have a birth certificate?

+1 vote
My mother, Helen T. Gonzales was born in Ft. Collins, CO on May 13, 1919.  She lived in this state until she was in her 70's and had a driver's license in the state of Colorado.  She moved to Wyoming and had a DL there.  Then she moved to Oregon and subsequently moved on to Washington State.   She had her DL and later on just an ID from that state.   She came to live with me five years ago, and I've been trying to get her a Colorado State ID, but they won't let her have one because she was born in a house and not in a hospital, so she has no birth certificate.   She has the Catholic Church's baptismal certificate.   I have taken her everywhere they've directed me...but they still won't give her a State ID.   I can't take her on an airplane now because she has no ID.  My brother in Oregon is dying, and I need to take her to see  him.   PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME.   I am her daughter, Cathy Cordova, and my email is attached.   Or you can call me at 303-288-1821.    Thank you for your prompt consideration of this request.
asked Aug 20, 2012 in State by anonymous

1 Answer

+4 votes
Write to your senator or congressman/woman within your zip code for assistance. The will help you
answered Sep 5, 2013 by kfox Inquisitive Expert (83,500 points)


ExplainPlease on Facebook

75,014 questions

48,874 answers


87,177 users