Ask a Question

Is there something that I can do if I have been locked up over 30 days on FTA for date I wasn't on court docket for?

+4 votes
Also when I finally proved to them of the wrongfully accusing and the FTA was lifted off me I still am sittin in jail becuse the bondsman has went off my bond due to the FTA? what can I Do? Im still stuck in jail . Due to this I have lost my job and the money that I  had just paid bondsman a week  or so before I was picked up on the FTA.
asked Jul 5, 2013 in Civil Rights by rbowen1976 Newbie (120 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
If you are in jail for Failure to Appear, it means a bench warrant was issued by a court because you had a court hearing and after three separate methods and attempts to summon you to court you were not located or you were served with the summons or subpoena and did not appear at the hearing. Irregardless of the hearing outcome, the court demanded your arrest. You came into contact with law enforcement afterwards and you were arrested due to the open bench warrant. When you appeared in court on the open bench warrant there was no court date because the date was set as upon apprehension. You are aware of the length of incarceration because it was explained.
answered Oct 1, 2013 by smartguy Inquisitive Expert (111,120 points)


ExplainPlease on Facebook

75,014 questions

48,874 answers


83,318 users